In order to have the best heating conditions, the shadow of the wooden bar should be parallel to the band in the middle of the cooker.
The reflection of the sun has to go into the solar cooker.
Instructions for cooking:
1. Put the solar cooker into the sun approximately one hour before you begin to cook in order to heat it up to 100 degrees or more.
2. Use thin-walled black pots to cook. Aluminium pots are okay. Use only “food safe” and “heat resistant” paint to paint the pots. For example, use black varnish (car paint) or use special paint for solar cookers. (Other paints can develop toxic gases).
3. Use 1/3 less water than usual if you cook rice or sauces
4. When cooking, try to open the oven as rarely as possible. Every time you open the dor, the temperature drops.
5. It takes more time to cook in a solar cooker than in conventional ovens. You don’t have to stir, as the food can not scorch (burn) in the solar cooker.